As people age, they often look for ways to save money. Sirius XM offers a variety of discounts and deals for its members, but does it offer a senior discount? In this blog post, we’ll take a look at Sirius XM’s pricing structure and see what discounts may be available to seniors. We’ll also provide some tips on how to save money with other types of discounts. Stay tuned!
What Is Sirius XM?
Sirius XM is a popular satellite radio service that offers a wide range of programming options for listeners. With its extensive selection of music, sports, news, and entertainment channels, Sirius XM has become a go-to destination for those who want to stay connected and informed while on the go.
Does Sirius XM Offer Any Discounts for Seniors?
Sirius XM does not offer a senior discount, but there are several other ways to save money on your Sirius XM subscription.
Who Is Eligible for the Discounted Subscription?
Sirius XM offers discounted subscriptions to certain groups, such as college students, veterans, and military members.
SiriusXM offers a 25% discount to all active and veteran military members and their families. To take advantage of this offer, you must provide your military or veteran status when signing up for your subscription.
College students can also take advantage of a discounted subscription.
Students looking to save money on their Sirius XM subscription are in luck! Sirius XM is offering an incredible deal for college students – only $1 for the first three months and then just $4 a month.
Different Ways to Save Money with Sirius XM
- Deals for the Current Subscribers
Current subscribers can take advantage of additional deals and specials throughout the year. These deals are often short-term offers that give you a certain amount of free channels or a discounted subscription rate.
- Negotiate with the Company for a Better Deal
To receive a discounted rate on your SiriusXM subscription, check the expiration date of your current plan and schedule a reminder to call the company a few days before it ends. When speaking with SiriusXM, explain that the full rate is unaffordable and request a discount to continue your service. Typically, you’ll be offered a reduced rate of 50% or less. If the initial offer isn’t satisfactory, you can opt to cancel your subscription. In many cases, SiriusXM will follow up with a call offering a better discount of 50% or more.
- Special Offer from SiriusXM: 3-Month Free Trial
SiriusXM offers a 3-month free trial for listeners who sign up for their service. During the trial period, you’ll be able to access their channels, including music, sports, news, and more. After the trial period ends, you can choose to continue using the service or cancel at no cost.
Pros and Cons of Renewing Your Membership Yearly or Monthly
When it comes to renewing your Sirius XM subscription, you have two options – yearly and monthly.
- The pros of signing up for a yearly subscription include saving more money due to the discounted rate, having peace of mind knowing that your subscription won’t run out mid-year, and being able to access exclusive programming.
- The cons of signing up for a yearly subscription include being locked into a bigger commitment that could end up costing more than anticipated and having to pay for an entire year, even if you only need the service for a few months.
- The pros of signing up for a monthly subscription include having more flexibility to pause or cancel your subscription at any time, being able to take advantage of promotional offers more frequently, and having the option to switch plans.
- The cons of signing up for a monthly subscription include paying more money due to the regular rate, being more likely to forget to cancel the plan, getting charged for a whole month, and not having access to exclusive programming.
Which Other Companies Offer Discounts for Seniors?
|Golden Corral||10% off||55 and older|
|Arby’s||10% off||55 years or above|
|Culver’s||10% off||60 years+|
|Walgreens||20-30% off (depending on the item) on the first Tuesday of the month||55 and older|
Sirius XM does not offer a senior discount, but there are several other ways to save money on your subscription. Military members and college students can take advantage of discounted subscriptions, while others can bundle services or take advantage of promotional offers to save money. With a little bit of research, you can find the best deal for your Sirius XM subscription.
The content writer on Choice Senior Life